Pantone has offically named Orchid the color of the year, and I couldn’t be happier! There’s something so lovely and elegant about this shade that draws me to it. It makes me think of the perfume of wild flowers and sweet springtime sunshine.
I’m here to share with you some neat ideas to incorporate Orchid into your life! First step – eyeshadow!
I know some of you are thinking “Purple eyeshadow? Really?!” But it’s my intent to show you that purple eyeshadow can be very soft, subtle and classy. Let’s begin!
Here is how I applied it step-by-step:
1) After applying an eye shadow primer, sweep “Bloom” across the entire eye lid.
2) Using an angled brush, work “Molten” into the crease being sure to blend thoroughly.
3) Grab a very narrow brush and use “Molten” as a soft eyeliner on the bottom 3/4 lid.
4) Line your upper lid with your favorite eyeliner (I used Avon’s Liqui-Glide, my all time favorite!) and using your narrow brush blend it upward into the crease shadow.
5) Complete the look with several coats of your favorite mascara.
p.s. Please forgive my lighting issues and inconsistencies. Working on some solutions ASAP!